Sunday, May 15, 2016

The week in review


I feel like my weeks are boring when I'm working nights. Thankfully, this week is my last week on the night shift for about a month or so.

I was sick for about a week recently, but I seem to be over that now ... Knock on wood. Because I'm the biggest hypochondriac ever, I saw two doctors in one week. Now, I'm pretty sure my issue is allergies. Since I've started taking Allegra regularly, I've noticed a big difference in my health.

Since I've been feeling better, I've decided I need to be working out regularly. I want to start jogging/walking again, so I bought a fanny pack to hold my keys and phone in when I'm out. Yes ... a FANNY PACK.


Isn't my life SO exciting?
~~~

'The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo' coming this summer. AMY SCHUMER'S BOOK HAS COVER ART AND A RELEASE DATE! AAAAAHHHHHHHJESFNFH3587983U5!!
Also- the latest Inside Amy Schumer was, in my opinion, one of the best episodes in the series. Mostly because of this sketch. (unfortunately the whole sketch isn't online. Blah.)

The Toast is closing! I'm so sad :-( They will be operating through June, I believe. So I'll try to enjoy it until then.

Gender is more than just anatomy, the New York Times.

The most successful female Everest climber of all time is a housekeeper in Hartford, Connecticut, Outside. WOW. Reading this makes me feel lazy. This woman is amazing. She's been through so much ...

Bless their hearts: Looks like Texas ain't for some folks who read the NY Times, The Dallas Morning News.

A late but necessary love letter to Joanie 'Chyna' Laurer, The Establishment. I watched Chyna on the early-2000's VH1 reality show, the surreal life. She was so much more than a wrestler, and later adult movie star. Did you know she traveled to Japan to teach English? She was a really interesting person who passed way too soon.

Service work is skilled work. Get over it. Medium.

An open letter to Trump supporters from his top strategist-turned-defector, XOJane. This is from a couple months ago, but it's a good read. A good ... frustrating ... read.

Ask the ethicist: Is it right for Facebook to suppress conservative news? Poynter. I'll answer this -- No. No it's not. I mean, can Facebook suppress news? It's a private company, so, sure. But should they? No. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, to paraphrase Justice Brandeis.

12 things I learned after losing 80 pounds and keeping it off for 13 years, Rachel Wilkerson Miller at BuzzFeed.

Chloë Sevigny: 'I now have a total disdain for directors,' The Guardian. A provocative profile of one of my favorite actresses.

My father, Woody Allen, and the danger of questions unasked, Ronan Farrow for The Hollywood Reporter. I think Woody Allen is a creep, and I believe Dylan Farrow when she says Allen molested her. I also believe Allen is a genius director. You can't deny that he's created amazing works of art. Question - should we still recognize and patronize artists, even if they're, well ... not good people?
Also- I think Frank Sinatra is actually Ronan Farrow's father. I mean, LOOK!

Emojis would show women doing more than painting their nails, the New York Times. “How was there space for both a bento box and a single fried coconut shrimp, and yet women were restricted to a smattering of tired, beauty-centric roles?”

25 places to shop when you break up with Forever 21, BuzzFeed. I'm mostly posting this here so I don't forget about it. F21 clothes are NOT for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment