Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Not another basic millennial woman's blog!



Yes, I'm doing it again. I'm starting a blog. Another one. 

I've made many blogs in my lifetime, dating back to a Xanga I created when I was 13. When I want to blog again after a blogging hiatus, I prefer to start anew as opposed to reviving an old blog.

My old blogs have become like living cemeteries.

I write for about eight hours a day at work. I love writing, but what I don't want to do is slip into the habit of only writing the news. I'm used to only writing matter-of-factly on subjects like who's been sentenced to life in prison for a fatal stabbing or which city just majorly revised their zoning ordinance. Sometimes, when I have to write in a different style, I instantly have an inward panic attack (kind of).

There's something comforting about the inverted pyramid and AP style. But those tools don't necessarily have a place in creative writing.

Here, I want to write about my thoughts and observations. Is this narcissistic? Yeah, probably -- But hey, you're still reading!

Recently, my life has changed dramatically from year to year. I want to write about it -- At the risk of feeling like blogging is another quality that makes me "basic."

(I might be basic, but at least I'm aware of that fact and I own it. I enjoy Taylor Swift music. Starbucks is delicious. I work out to Jillian Michaels DVDs. I LIKE THESE THINGS, DAMMIT! AND I WON'T APOLOGIZE FOR IT!)

So, here it is. Now you know where I blog.

And to round this post out ... A basic song.


1 comment:

  1. Happy to get to know you better through your blog! Welcome back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete