Thursday, June 30, 2016

Boy oh boy, JUNE

(This is mostly a post to indicate that I haven't abandoned this blog and that I WILL be blogging in July.)

So, June happened. Dear lord.

I've been absent from this blog because to say my month has been busy would be an understatement. First, my boyfriend Josh visited. Immediately thereafter, my parents visited. I had a few days to myself, and then my brother Thomas and two of his friends visited (yes, there were four people in my tiny apartment for a couple days. It was crowded, but everything went fine).

The news went crazy. Especially in Florida.

Oh, and in between all of that, I celebrated my 25th birthday.

... By feeding a giraffe.



... And eating bread pudding that tasted like whiskey.



There was drinking. Lots of drinking.

I also did a thing with my hair, and crossed an item off my to-do list!


I look tired in this picture BECAUSE I AM!!
So yes, it's been quite a month.

I wreaked havoc on my body this month with alcohol (I may or may not have done a keg stand ...). So I've decided that I am NOT drinking more than one drink at a time for the month of July, and I'm also not going to drink on weeknights.

Have you ever woken up from a drunken stupor with a headache, and notice that your sunglasses are missing and your phone has new cracks/scratches on it? It's kind of funny the first time it happens. And then it gets way old.

My goals for July are threefold: Get adequate sleep, eat healthier and exercise regularly. I have made these goals time and time again, but it never hurts to set them again. They are lifelong pursuits for me.

I'm going to end this post with a video my brother made that YOU MUST WATCH. Earlier this year, Thomas took a trip around the world -- Japan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Germany, Czech Republic, Finland ... Uh ... I might be missing a couple. He took video everywhere he went, and compiled it all into a music video. The first time I watched it I nearly cried because of how good it is.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great video. Have you played the "where was this" game with it yet?

    ReplyDelete